First Cohort starts August 2018!
Who can apply?
Master’s and PhD students:
Biosystems Engineering • Chemical Engineering • Electrical Engineering • Environmental Engineering • Materials Science and Engineering • Soil, Water, & Environmental Sciences
U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents
Students from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
What's included in the Traineeship?
Trainees stay in the program until degree is received
NSF-NRT covers $34K/year stipend + tuition and fees
How to Apply
1. Apply to your major through the UA Graduate College
2. Complete an application for Indge-FEWSS
3. Contact an Indige-FEWSS Faculty Committee Member to discuss your research interests and the program
4. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT:
- Online Application
- PDF copy of your submitted UA Grad App
- Personal Statement describing your interest in this program, in FEWS research, and in working with indigenous communities. Current NRT include reflection on your contributions to and benefits derived from the program.
- Letter of Recommendation from your CURRENT academic advisor
5. Applications accepted annually, January - March; Decisions announced in April
What You Need to Know
Submit applications and questions to: